Meet the Lead Mechanic at the Seven Hills Rad Air
Darren is the lead technician and the assistant store manager at our Seven Hills location. You know Darren as the friendly-faced, polite guy who fixes your car…..
But, here are a few things youdon’tknow about him.
- In 2000, Darren wandered into a repair shop and met Pat, our Seven Hills manager, with no auto repair experience at all. Pat liked him and he needed a job, so Darren was hired as an entry-level mechanic’s helper.
- Today, Darren is one of the best technicians in the business.
- He loves to read. His favorite author? Stephen King.
- When he was a kid, he treated his cars so badly they quit running. (He’s learned a thing or two since then!)
- Darren has 3 ASE certifications making him an expert in air conditioning & heating, brakes, and suspension & steering.
- He was born, raised and still lives in North Royalton.
- He became a vegetarian at age 15 due to his interest in animal rights.
- And he is the only vegetarian in the entire Rad Air family!
- He has one niece and one nephew who he regularly takes hunting when the weather is nice.
- He is a certified Ohio E-check expert.
- Darren loves spending time outdoors. His favorite place to go is his family’s property in southern Ohio.
- For Darren, fixing a car is a lot like solving a puzzle: Take it apart. Figure it out. Put it back together.
- Darren’s favorite part of his job is getting to know his clients and prides himself on knowing each of them by name.
- Yes, ladies. He’s single.
- He likes getting tattoos representing the things he enjoys. He says they actually help him connect with his clients.
If you are one of Darren’s clients at Seven Hills, leave him a comment below!