Meet Baby Mike – one of three Mikes at the Rad Air in Akron. Under the Akron shop manager, Quenton, Mike is one of the lead technicians performing a variety of automotive and light truck repairs.
Here is more you don’t know about Mike:
- Prior to becoming a mechanic, Mike worked in an auto body shop for 7 years.
- He grew up in Barberton, Ohio where his parents enrolled him in martial arts classes.
- Today he is a black belt in shotokan, a style of karate.
- When Mike isn’t “turning the wrench,” he is working on his orange Chevy S10 pickup truck.
- He’s modified the S10 truck with suicide doors, 20″ rims, a stereo system, custom seats and more.
- He plans to teach shotokan to his children when they are older.
- Mike has two daughters and one son. Ages 4, 11 and 12.
- He also has a fuzzy tabby cat named Fluffers.
- Fluffers is the only woman in his life. He claims to have no time for dating.
- He plans on purchasing a motorcycle soon. His dream bike is a Suzuki GSXR1300.
- After he masters his motorcycle skills, Mike hopes to get into four-wheeling.
- Mike joined the Rad Air team in Akron in spring of 2011.
- He loves his job so much, he just bought a house to be closer to work!
- His favorite part about work is the camaraderie in the shop.
- But he still refuses to tell us why his coworkers call him Baby Mike. 🙂
If you are one of Mike’s clients in Akron, leave him a message in the comments section below!