One of the best ways to keep your vehicle performing smoothly is to pay attention to the season, changes in weather and your driving style. Fall might bring many changes to your driving habits. You might find you are driving more frequently in the evening or greater distances as you shuttle your children to after-school activities. Perhaps you are using this time to spend more time outside during comfortably cool temperatures and you aren’t using your vehicle as much.
Ask your Rad Air car care advisor or auto shop how to properly maintain your vehicle for every season. Doing so will preserve your vehicle’s trade-in value, help you to get the most out of your mileage, prevent costly repairs, save money and stay safe on the road.
Your auto service provider will tell you to check these components and systems during the fall:
- Check and fix your brakes if it is needed. Avoiding a brake repair is dangerous and can lead to more costly repairs if ignored for long periods of time.
- Choose the right motor oil for your vehicle. Ask your auto service provider what kind of oil they use during oil changes and do some research about what is the proper fill for your vehicle.
- When did you battery last get replaced or checked? Have your charing system and battery checked so you’re not surprised by a dead battery on a cold fall or winter morning.
- Check your heater and defroster. You probably haven’t used your heater for several months! Make sure this system is properly working before cold temperatures arrive.
- Check the coolant and hoses. Consult your owner’s manual to check how often the coolant should be changed. Standard coolants must be changed every two to three years, whereas extended-life coolants can last for five years or more. Make sure coolant hoses are not soft or leaking and replace these if necessary.
The Rad Air service team are experts at all aspects of automotive care, but preventative maintenance is always preferable to major repairs. Call or use our Online Appointment tool to request an appointment. We can help you prepare your vehicle for fall and winter driving right away!